List:       nessus
Subject:    Core dumps with batch scans
From:       "Mercer, Jeff" <Jeff.Mercer () itcdeltacom ! com>
Date:       2004-11-22 15:28:29

I'm using Nessus 2.2.0 on a YellowDog Linux 3.0 system (G4 powermac, dual
processor). The server works great and I use it routinely with the NessusWX
client.

But for some reason, whenever I try and run a local batch scan using the
nessus command line tool I ALWAYS get a core dump:

/usr/local/bin/nessus -V -qx tron.private.deltacom.com 1241 user pass
/tmp/target_s29653 /tmp/nessus_s29653.out -V -T nbe -c
/tmp/nessus_s29653.cfg

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I've tried using the system default config file for Nessus and get the same
error. Anyone else experiencing something like this?

Jeff Mercer - ITS Security & BTINet Systems Administration

"This electronic message transmission contains information from the office
of Jeff Mercer, ITC^DeltaCom, Inc., which may be confidential or privileged.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please notify us by telephone 919-863-7257 or by electronic mail
jeff.mercer@itcdeltacom.com immediately."