List:       nessus
Subject:    Re: New global_settings.nasl descriptions?
From:       Michel Arboi <mikhail () nessus ! org>
Date:       2004-06-30 20:25:24

On Wed Jun 30 2004 at 21:34, Jay Jacobson wrote:

> Could someone provide a description of each of the settings in the new
> global_settings.nasl that was added yesterday?

Currently, only 3 scripts use this:
$ fgrep -il global_settings.inc *.nasl
anti_nessus.nasl
rh_inetd.nasl
www_fingerprinting_hmap.nasl
$

anti_nessus.nasl and www_fingerprinting_hmap.nasl are enabled by
"Enable experimental scripts"
rh_inetd.nasl launches very slow tests if "Thorough tests" is on.

We will modify scripts little by little to use those settings, unless
it looks like a bad idea (I don't think so)

"Report verbosity" is not used yet but some people complained that
there are too many information in their reports. "Quiet" shoudl fix
this, when it is used.

"Log verbosity" and "Debug level" are rather for debugging.
Many scripts have a "debug" variable set to 0
They should be modified too to help find problems.