List:       nessus
Subject:    Re: Re: Feedback on new MS SQL version detect
From:       Renaud Deraison <deraison () nessus ! org>
Date:       2003-01-30 1:10:20

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 07:57:52PM -0500, Young, Keith wrote:
>    Was mssql_version.nasl deleted from the plugins list? Attempting to
>    get the file (either via the nessus-update-plugins script or via
>    [1]http://www.nessus.org/nasl/mssql_version.nasl) results in a 404 Not
>    Found error...

Yes it was, until a few hours ago (but the URL you typed is wrong.
There's nothing of interest in /nasl/). It was restored by a modified
version modified by Michael Scheidell, which extracts the version number
from the remote registry.

>    Also, plugin 10674 (mssql_ping.nasl) also reports a SQL Server 2000
>    SP3 server as 8.00.194. I verified that it is SP3 myself .

Microsoft did not update the version number which is replied to a sql
ping.