On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:53 AM, David Narvaez <david.narvaez@computer.org> wrote:
Hi,

I took on the task of migrating Nepomuk Shell to Nepomuk2.

Thanks a lot. I've been meaning to do it for sometime now, but it's not exactly trivial.

We need to redesign it as well, but lets discuss that later / in another thread.

I applied
the script found in the wiki[0] and I'm left with these questions:

1. What's a Thing now? By matching methods, I guess it is a Resource, right?

Yup

2. When creating a new class, there's a line that reads
Nepomuk2::Types::Class base( Nepomuk2::Vocabulary::PIMO::Thing() );
Should that be replaced too?

The 'Thing' is an abstract concept in the ontologies that certain real-world stuff is derived from. We use to have special handling for "it" in nepomuk1, but since we never used it in anything that was shipped, I decided to remove it.

The Vocabularies stay the same, so they shouldn't be removed.

3. What replacements are there for the old Utils namespace? For
instance, Nepomuk Shell uses SimpleResourceModel, is there any
replacement for that?

Right now, I think it would be better if you just copied the models you need and move them to the Nepomuk2 namespace as well.

Thanks.

David E. Narváez

[0] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Nepomuk/Nepomuk2Port