List:       nepomuk
Subject:    [Nepomuk] index archive contents for metadata
From:       nihui  <shuizhuyuanluo () 126 ! com>
Date:       2011-12-05 12:05:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

hi all
I have written strigi analyzers for some theme package types.[1]
These theme packages are just zip archives, but have own type suffix, not .zip but \
.ssf. xmlindexer from strigi can successfully extract the specific metadata from .ssf \
files. however, dolphin only show the metadata for a few ones among all my .ssf \
files. I found that KFileMetaInfo class first trys to get metadata from nepomuk, if \
failed, then index file directly, but only read 65536 bytes, which is not enough for \
some big .ssf archive files. So I enabled nepomuk file indexer service, but dolphin \
still could not show those missing metadata. Finally, I found that nepomuk file \
indexer disabled the archive contents indexing ( see \
kde-runtime/nepomuk/services/fileindexer/indexer/indexer.cpp )

I wonder if it is possible to enable indexing of .ssf files.

[1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/utils/kimtoy/repository/revisions/master/show/strigi-analyzer

regards
nihui