List:       nepomuk
Subject:    [Nepomuk] Nepomuk KIO Slave limitations
From:       Alessandro Diaferia <alediaferia () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-07 21:05:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello, it's me again :p

As you may have understood i'm using Nepomuk to show media files to the
user.
One thing i noticed is that when using the KDirModel (and so the KDirLister)
to list the results of a query
it seems that each QModelIndex doesn't have a valid KDirModel::FileItemRole
and therefore no important pieces of information
like the url of the file (AFAIK KDirModel is KFileItem-centric). I make use
of such role in order to get previews of the files.

I just wanted to know if this is something fixable in the nepomuk kio_slave
or somewhere lower or if it is un-fixable.
I'd like some hints in case it is possible.
I was writing my own model to get rid of this returning a valid KFileItem if
the url was pointing to a local file but having the KDirModel doing this for
free would be better IMHO.

What do you think about this?
Regards.

--