List:       nedit-discuss
Subject:    nedit key mapping
From:       allcoms <allcoms () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-02 10:20:29

Hi neditors!

I'm currently putting together a customised, comprehensive distro for
the Sharp Zaurus 3x00 series of pocket computers to be called danbos
zubuntu. It is based upon the zubuntu armel port of Ubuntu 9.04 and I
would prefer to use Nedit as default X text editor but I have one
major prob preventing this and that is keymapping.

Under the nedit (v 5.5) binary thats in the ubuntu jaunty armel repos,
when I push either the left or right arrow keys they take me to the
begginng or end of the current line respectively, which I understand
is what the HOME and END keys would normally do when pushed under
nedit. Weird thing is that my Zaurus keyboard doesn't even have HOME
or END keys in its default keymap and the left and right arrow keys
function as expected under the Ted lesstif text editor and under
leafpad, xterm and all my other apps, so its a problem exclusive to
nedit.

Could I fix this by adding a couple of entries to the nedit config
file or will the source code need to be tweaked? If it can be fixed in
the config file could you please give a reasonably complete example of
how you think it should look as I've been unable to find a good guide
to Xresource-style keymappings.

Thanks!

Dan