List:       nedit-discuss
Subject:    Problem with Nedit on X
From:       Van Snyder <Van.Snyder () jpl ! nasa ! gov>
Date:       2009-01-23 2:05:26

On some of my computers, when I launch Nedit it has no window borders,
so I can't move it or resize it.  One one of the computers, it goes so
far as to kill the borders on all the other windows, for XTerm,
Firefox, ..., so I can't move or resize them.  If Nedit opens a
preferences window, say to set up syntax highlighting, I can't close it
with any of its buttons.  The button highlighting changes as if it's
being pushed, but nothing happens.  For some reason, I have the
following in my .tcshrc on one computer:

# For Nedit:
setenv XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS

I don't remember what it's for.  I tried that on the computers where
Nedit doesn't work, but it doesn't help.

All the computers are running various versions of RedHat or CentOS
Linux, on either Intel or AMD processors.

It's version 5.4 on all of the computers.

Any ideas?

--
Van Snyder                    |  What fraction of Americans believe
Van.Snyder@jpl.nasa.gov       |  Wrestling is real and NASA is fake?