List:       nedit-discuss
Subject:    Re: Best way to distribute extras?
From:       Joerg Fischer <jf505 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-05-30 13:15:46

Aaron Hsu wrote:

> What's the best way for me to make my Scheme Language Mode (such as it is)
> available for the masses to use? I guess the more general question would
> be, how do I distribute additions and new configurations for NEdit in such
> a way that it is easy for other users to utilize it?

In addition to what Thorsten said, there is a macro to extract all
the menu definitions (ie. patterns, macros) from the preferences
file in the appropriate way, ie such that folks can import it via
the nedit -import option, see
http://nedit.gmxhome.de/macros/nxmenu.nm

(To use it, load that file as macro file, File -> Load Macro File,
and create a Macro menu entry, Preferences -> Default Settings ->
Customize Menus -> Macro Menu, calling jf_extract_menu().)

Cheers,
Jörg