List:       nedit-discuss
Subject:    Re: Cursor Keys don't work anymore
From:       "Scott J. Tringali" <tringali () etnus ! com>
Date:       2003-05-30 14:41:25

Marco Nierlich wrote:

> I solved the problem: restart of the X Server (hmmm... I thought such things
> had disappeard after having quit windows some years ago....). Anyway; thanks
> forn the help.

What version are you running?

If restarting helped, it is almost certainly poisoned keybindings.  If
that flag didn't help, then you probably don't have the latest version,
and probably should get 5.3.  Until then:

  xprop -remove -root _MOTIF_DEFAULT_BINDINGS

should do it instead of restarting the X server.