List:       nedit-discuss
Subject:    Re: RED HAT 8.0
From:       Eddy De Greef <degreef () imec ! be>
Date:       2003-05-14 16:43:11

On 2003.05.14 18:24 Eric Walker wrote:
> Yes we are using 5.3.  Maybe it was never solved?
>
> {tcsh:>} /usr/X11R6/bin/nedit -V
> NEdit 5.3
> Jun 1, 2002
>
>      Built on: Linux, x86, GNU C
>      Built at: Jul 24 2002, 12:34:45
>    With Motif: 2002 [@(#)Motif Version 2.2.2]
> Running Motif: 2002
>        Server: The XFree86 Project, Inc 40200000

I'd be surprised if it wasn't solved. Perl is a very popular language,
and nobody reported any problems for over a year.

But you are using OpenMotif 2.2.2, which we don't support (it is unstable).
RedHat should never have shipped it.
You better get the prebuilt binary at the website instead (which uses
the very stable OpenMotif 2.1.30).

See http://www.nedit.org/ftp/v5_3/executables/ for the rpm.

Eddy