List:       nedit-develop
Subject:    [ nedit-Bugs-1616278 ] Windows/Cygwin file name compatibility
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-12-18 10:11:49

Bugs item #1616278, was opened at 2006-12-15 11:37
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ajbj
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=111005&aid=1616278&group_id=11005

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When running on MS Windows (using Cygwin), NEdit should not distinguish between cases \
in filenames, otherwise it opens the same file twice, eg as file.txt and File.TXT.

Notice that the hack attached is only meant as demonstration and also is not \
complete.  It is still possible to open the same file twice because of Cygwin mount \
points, i.e., if the Cygwin root is on say C:\cygwin, then /home/user/file.txt points \
to the same file as /cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/user/file.txt.

(Notice that with the /cygdrive/ prefix you can reach all areas of all the drives \
under MS Windows regardless of mount points.)

Comment By: Tony Balinski (ajbj)