List:       nedit-develop
Subject:    Re: Credits
From:       Tony Balinski <ajbj () free ! fr>
Date:       2006-10-24 4:34:47

Quoting Scott Tringali <scott.tringali@etnus.com>:

> I'll be picky, so ignore all this:
>
>  >> Earlier contributors have been ...
>
> Should be "Earlier contributors are".  You're still an earlier
> contributor, even now.
Yes indeed!

>  >> This version prepared by ...
>
> And "This version" is odd, as many of us have worked on multiple
> versions, not just This one.  ...which is why I liked "active" and
> "inactive" developers.
"Contributors to this version are" does not exclude earlier contributions.
Or "the team who prepared this release is"?

I'm not too keen on "active/inactive" myself because it seems to me too
binary. And it has less of a relationship with the version in question.
Once it's been out for two years before the next release, how many of the
"active" set will still be "active"? But the version's people list never
becomes out of date,because it's a historic record to start with (those
who prepared the version).

Tony