List:       nbd-general
Subject:    Re: [Nbd] oops with timeout option on debian wheezy kernel
From:       Hermann Lauer <Hermann.Lauer () iwr ! uni-heidelberg ! de>
Date:       2014-02-14 13:36:56

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:20:08PM +0100, Michal Belczyk wrote:
> > Here on debian wheezy (Linux www1 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.46-1+deb7u1 \
> > x86_64 GNU/Linux) a disconnection of the server host yields hanging of any "cat \
> > /proc/mdstat" on the raid1 on top of the nbd device and to the appended oops \
> > (only two shown) of the kernel. Only bringing back the nbd server allows further \
> > commands on the md device.
>
> You may want to take a look here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/nbd-general@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01549.html

Many thanks for the link to the patch - applied to a 3.12.10 vanilla
kernel and did the first tests. Timeout seems to work as expected now.

> I will post the patch against the most recent tip later this week.

Will try to build a patched wheezy kernel next and file a debian
bug report when that works.

Thanks for your help and a nice weekend,
  Hermann

--
Netzwerkadministration/Zentrale Dienste, Interdiziplinaeres
Zentrum fuer wissenschaftliches Rechnen der Universitaet Heidelberg