List:       nas
Subject:    Re: Network Audio System
From:       "Thomas K. Netousek" <tkn () VNET ! IBM ! COM>
Date:       1996-04-02 7:11:33

I would go for an nas audio interface to the Ultimedia services.
On AIX 3.2.x we had support for ACPA (Audio Capture and Playback)
adapters; this support vanished with 4.1 and the BAUD (Business AUDio)
was introduced, together with the Ultimedia Services API.

Recently we went from BAUD to PAUD (Personal AUDio) on the 43P.
This is supported by enhancend Ultimedia services which now can also
drive ACPA cards.

Please do not nail me down on my words, this is my experience without
getting into too much detail.

Thomas Netousek