List:       nas
Subject:    Re: NAS and DECs AF (Audiofile).
From:       Greg Renda <greg () hansen ! ncd ! com>
Date:       1994-07-15 9:58:08

Philip Ryan <pryan@rp.CSIRO.AU> writes:

> I recall reading (somewhere) that there were plans to merge the NAS system
> with DEC's AF (audiofile) system.
>
> Is there any truth to this, and if so does anyone know how it's progressing ?

We've talked a bit with the folks at DEC and have pretty much agreed
on the features we'd like to see in a common audio protocol.  Beyond
that, however, not much work has been done (at least on our end) due
to lack of resources.  The X Constortium is starting to get interested
in an audio protocol standard as well.

-Greg