List:       nanog
Subject:    Re: Topological significance of transport technologies [Was: Re:
From:       Robert Bowman <rob () elite ! exodus ! net>
Date:       1997-07-02 0:34:26

Agreed..  the distinction between the two layers is becoming somewhat
more and more vague by the day, especially with companies like Ipsilon
and with Cisco's integration of eclipse switching and/or the RSM into
the Catalyst..  how the two layers interact is really the only
importance to the IP packet.

rob