List:       nanog
Subject:    Re: akamai yesterday - what in the world was that
From:       Paul Nash <paul () nashnetworks ! ca>
Date:       2020-01-27 17:18:23

> first personal connection was a dedicated dialin using a telebit
> trailblazer at 9600 bps. that was a benefit of work.

The Telebits were awesome over impaired lines.  Their funky modulation scheme let \
them get through where nothing else would (like using barbed wire fences instead of \
phone wire).

I used them to link up the UNHCR in Northern Mozambique.  Only problems were when \
someone opened a gate in the fence to move cattle — no carried until they closed it \
again.

	paul