List:       nanog
Subject:    Re: Cellular backup connections
From:       Mel Beckman <mel () beckman ! org>
Date:       2019-06-24 13:35:53

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

I ran into this problem and Verizon told me that they filter ports 22 and 23 to help \
stem the tide of IoT attacks on their networks by cellular-connected phone and alarm \
systems. They said their operational model assumes that all traffic will be encrypted \
via either SSLVPN or IPSec. I'm using IPSec tuned for low traffic volume (i.e., \
keepalive disabled), and it's working well for OBM.

 -mel

On Jun 24, 2019, at 4:50 AM, Dovid Bender \