List:       nanog
Subject:    Re: Definition/Classification of Bogon
From:       Hank Nussbacher <hank () efes ! iucc ! ac ! il>
Date:       2018-07-25 4:51:15

On 25/07/2018 05:37, Aftab Siddiqui wrote:
> Exactly, getting the right and updated info is so tricky that people on=
ly
> filter Private+Reserved ASNs. Because of the same reason more than 600
> unallocated ASNs are in the routing table as per the CIDR-Report.
>
> Wouldn't that be simple to parse the list and start updating filters on=

> daily basis? I understand its troublesome for big operators. I've just
> started this so lets see what happens :) but I can tell that the diff o=
> file created every night isn't much (around 10-20).
>
> http://www.cidr-report.org/as2.0/#Bogons

Been there, done that - 15 years ago with Barry:
https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog27/presentations/hank.pdf
IPs, ASNs, it don't matter...no one gives a sh*t.=C2=A0 Not today, not 15=

years ago.
Nowadays, the bible on being a good ISPs is defined by MANRS and if it
don't appear there then you and I are clearly delusional.

-Hank