List:       nanog
Subject:    Re: Best way to San Jose Fairmont from SFO?
From:       Larry LaBas <llabas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-09-29 15:05:16

If one uses Caltrain and has luggage there is a luggage car with racks.

Also no wifi on Caltrain but wifi is available on Bart and the VTA (light rail and \
express buses).  The car with the assistance ramp has a washroom, the rest do not.

As a long time commuter (Gilroy to SF) I do recommend Bart to Caltrain to Light Rail \
as it will be cheaper than Uber.  When I last returned from London we took that \
route.  It's also very reliable and usually on schedule.

Yes, I'm a bit jaded on driving in traffic in the area as I've also been doing that \
for many years.

I've found Citymapper the best app for directions and public transport.  Not only was \
it great here but was fantastic for using the tube in London and walking  around.  \
You can call uber or get driving directions from it also.

TTFN,
Larry