List:       nanog
Subject:    Recommendations on Centralized Modem Server/Resource
From:       Claudia de Luna <cldeluna () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-06-26 23:19:47

Hi,

I'm involved in a state-wide InBand/OOB management terminal server deployment for \
network infrastructure equipment and am looking for recommendations on centralized \
modem servers for the network team at a central location.  Ideally the network team \
would use this centralized service to access the new terminal servers deployed across \
the state from their desktops via ssh vs. provisioning POTS lines and modems at all \
the engineers desk? We will leverage laptops and available modem lines as well but \
I'm looking for a permanent, always available solution that does not involve booting \
up your laptop, etc...

Any recommendations on what you've seen work well, product recommendations (or \
warnings), or overall solutions would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Claudia