List:       nano-help
Subject:    Re: [Help-nano] Bash syntax highlighting: Quoted text in comments
From:       Benno Schulenberg <bensberg () telfort ! nl>
Date:       2018-07-16 19:42:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Hello Micah,

Thanks for sharing.

Op 15-07-18 om 20:03 schreef Micah Waddoups:
> Actually this can be fixed

What can be fixed?  As you're top-posting, it is entirely unclear
to what statement of me or Michael you are responding -- I would
have to scroll down first, read *all* that is written there, and
then try to guess where your reply makes the most sense.  Don't
make me do that: post your replies inline.

> Instead of simply having a pattern that matches the item you want, you =
have
> to have a stack of patterns with a sub-pattern match preceding the actu=
al
> match in order to set the context.

I don't understand this.  But... seeing in your zsh.nanorc things
Indeed, *very* complicated.  I wouldn't call this a solution.  Things
must be more or less comprehensible, and typable, if they are to be
called a solution.

> but if I have lines that are crazy long (usually a bad idea anyway), th=
e regex
> matching whenever scrolling creates noticeable delays.

You mean your zsh.nanorc is so complicated, has such long regexes,
that it causes delays when scrolling through a zsh script?

Benno