List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-01.txt
From:       Josh Littlefield <joshl () cisco ! com>
Date:       2000-07-26 23:11:51

Paul A Vixie wrote:
> Ignoring a subset of the zone's data and then treating what's left as
> authoritative is an error.  Zones have identity.  You're either serving
> the zone, the same zone the primary master is serving, or you're not.

I agree, and that was my earlier point.  On the question of invalid class, I
think its a question of ignoring data which isn't part of the zone, because
the zone is class-specific.  But I'm glad BIND 8 tightened this up.  I ran
into the problem in the days of BIND 4.9.3, when UNIX vendors were shipping
variants of 4.8