List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Re: hesiod (DNS class HS) root hierarchy needed
From:       paul () vix ! com (Paul A Vixie)
Date:       1995-12-11 8:22:51

>Do you mind if I ask why you want/need to use HS instead of IN? Seems like
>IN/txt works just fine and the HS class offers no benefits I can think
>of. I'll append a message from Steve Dyer that I saved a while back which
>pretty much sums up my feelings...
>
>roland

The BIND resolver, when I put in Hesiod support, will use class IN by default.
However, there are a lot of class HS Hesiod sites out there and I don't want
to be the one to tell them that BIND won't support what they've been doing for
years.

--
Paul Vixie
La Honda, CA			"Illegitimibus non carborundum."