List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Nslookup  does not work on AIX 3.x
From:       mshah () next3 ! corp ! mot ! com (Manish Shah)
Date:       1993-03-08 21:20:07

: Hi ! I compiled nslookup successfully on AIX 3.x and started named. But

: IBM's named requires for us to have the /etc/resolv.conf file empty if we

: are running DNS. Still I put in my nameserver records in because nslookup

: looks at /etc/resolv.conf for nameservers and when I run nslookup this is

: what I get:

: $ nslookup
: *** Can't find server name for address 196.66.66.66: Timed out
: *** Can't find server name for address 196.66.66.67: Timed out
: *** Default servers are not available

: I am not sure why its causing this problem as my nameserver is primary for

: domain 66.196.in-addr.arpa and so it the resolver should be  able to find

: the names for the above servers (i.e 196.66.66.xx)  Any pointers as to why

: this is happening ?

Thanks,
Manish
mshah@mot.com