List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Re: domain name servers and resolvers questions
From:       agate!slc3.ins.cwru.edu!magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!news
Date:       1992-08-14 15:02:52

In article <1992Aug13.140126.7239@dlpinc00.rn.com>, dlparker@dlpinc00.rn.com (David L. Parker) writes:
|> In article <1992Aug12.155252.26870@eecs.nwu.edu> phil@eecs.nwu.edu (William LeFebvre) writes:
|> >
|> >I would also also recommend waiting until some time at the end of
|> >this year when O'Reilly releases its DNS book.  I'm reviewing it now
|> >and it looks very good (at least, so far).
|> >
|> Are you referring to TCP/IP Network Administration??

No, although that is a good source of DNS information as well.  I'm
referring to (I don't remember the exact title, but this is close)
"Domain Name System in a Nutshell".  It is an entire book on DNS.
It is due out by the end of the year.  It is NOT out yet.  And yes,
this book is *very* thorough, including an entire chapter on figuring
out who to apply to for a DNS name (and how to do it).

		William LeFebvre
		Computing Facilities Manager and Analyst
		Northwestern University
		<phil@eecs.nwu.edu>