List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Re: UK Domain Name Scheme?
From:       Steve Kille <S.Kille () Cs ! Ucl ! AC ! UK>
Date:       1989-05-01 17:07:19

The UK domain scheme (Known as the NRS or Name Registration Scheme) is a
hierarchy very similar to the DARPA Scheme.  It was developed at the same
time as the DARPA scheme (input from this persuaded them to change the
original syntax, but not the order).

The hierarchy is the inverse, and is algorthmically mapped with the DNS
space (A few exceptions to this, but not major ones).  I include three
samples from your message as I see it: