List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Re: BIND on a Sun-4
From:       ihnp4!laidbak!stevea () ucbvax ! Berkeley ! EDU  (Steve Alexander)
Date:       1988-01-27 19:08:30

You can run BIND under YP by using the (largely undocumented) -i option
to ypserv.  This causes gethost* to use the name server if the host
cannot be found in the YP hosts map.  Your /etc/resolv.conf file
should point to the host running in.named, and of course in.named
must be setup correctly.  You will have to get a 4.3BSD System Admin
manual to see how to set up BIND.

Sun's attitude is basically:  "If you're smart enough to know what a
name server is, you don't need our help to set it up."  The -i option
is documented somewhere in the SunOS 3.2 System Adminstrator's Manual,
but I don't have any idea where.  If you look in /etc/rc.local, you will
see a commented out line that runs ypserv w/ the -i option.

--
Steve Alexander, TCP/IP Support | stevea%laidbak@sun.com
Lachman Associates, Inc.        | ...!{ihnp4,sun}!laidbak!stevea