List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Status of a name server implementation
From:       Peter Karp <KARP () SUMEX-AIM ! ARPA>
Date:       1984-06-21 22:47:37

I am nearing the final stages of implementing a domain name server system.
The system is 95% functional now but that last 5% is crucial for robust,
automatic operation, and will also probably take me until mid August to
complete because I am working full time and also about to go on vacation.
The server will run under 4.2 Unix.  Jeremy Siegel has been testing his
resolver routines with my servers.

A 15 page report describing the server is available in the files below,
which can be accessed through Anonymous login (password Guest) to Sumex-Aim.
Note that the status section is slightly out of date.

I am interested in comments on the implementation and would very much
like to hear at what stage other implementations are.

Files are on Arpa host SUMEX-AIM, directory <KARP> :

	DRUID.MSS, DRUID.BIB		-  scribe source
	DRUID.DOC			-  line printer version

Peter Karp
-------