List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Re: [dnsext] experimental/testing DNSSEC algorithm identifiers
From:       Samuel Weiler <weiler () tislabs ! com>
Date:       2009-08-18 19:04:55

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Jelte Jansen wrote:

> We have 'private', but that's only one number, and currently there
> are multiple algorithm proposals. Besides, it might clash with
> actual privates that are used.

While there are only two private numbers, we did define mechanisms for
distinguishing between private algorithms (RFC4034, A.1.1).  It may
well be that such code, if it exists, is buggy, but I think it's worth
figuring that out.

Given the mechanism in 4034 A.1.1., do you really need more codepoints
just for testing?

-- Sam