List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Chair resigning
From:       "Olaf M. Kolkman" <olaf () NLnetLabs ! nl>
Date:       2007-07-09 15:33:16

Dear colleagues,

I resign as co-chair of DNSEXT.

Over the last few years I've enjoyed co-chairing this group and
helping the group to complete a number of documents. I have enjoyed
serving you in this role and have learned a number of useful things
about the group, the IETF, the DNS protocol, and myself.
Unfortunately it is just not possible to dedicate sufficient time and
energy on the IAB role, this role, and my day-job at the same time.

I will however continue to shepherd the documents that are past last
call.

Our Area Director, Mark Townsley, has accepted my resignation and
with the group going dormant has decided to leave Olafur as the sole
chair for the time being.

A new charter, for this group is also forthcoming. Personally I
support the group going dormant with the notion that it should be
possible to wake up relatively easily. What I think the biggest
challenge will be is to carry discussions on the mailing list to
concrete internet-drafts that have sufficient folk behind them to do
the real work.

--Olaf

Olaf M. Kolkman
NLnet Labs