List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Re: multicast DNS without multicast (in IPv6 only)
From:       Pars MUTAF <Pars.Mutaf () int-evry ! fr>
Date:       2007-01-30 22:22:37

Selon Pars MUTAF <Pars.Mutaf@int-evry.fr>:

> Firstly, the multicast name resolution idea that started
> with ZEROCONF (if I'm correct), has the potential to find
> many new and popular applications.

Dear AD, chairs, folks;

I would like to bring a new problem statement draft to your
attention (1 page). Until it appears in the I-D rep, please
find it here:

http://www.freewebs.com/pmutaf/draft-mutaf-piqproblem-00.txt

I believe that not having this application
would be very unfortunate. (I think this is an INT area topic.)
And currently available name resolution techniques do not
address this problem as they should.

Do you have any comments on this problem statement?

Thanks.
pars mutaf

ps: sorry I kept the IPv6 WG CCed, but it looked like a good
idea because I was forwarded to namedroppers by IPv6 folks.
I wanted to keep them informed.