List:       nagios-users
Subject:    Re: [Nagios-users] need help
From:       "gmm" <computer11111 () sohu ! com>
Date:       2009-06-30 2:54:51

hi,listŁĄ

> On Jun 28, 2009, at 9:23 PM, gmm wrote:
>
> > hello,all!
> >
> > I have a strange problem.I have installed nagios with nagios-3.1.2
> > and nagios-plugins-1.4.13 on RHEL5.2 and it looks like OK!
> > But i found there is a strange problem with my web monitor page.In
> > my host groups   some hosts status are UP,and some status are
> > PENDING all the time,but all of these hosts services are all ok! I
> > try to change my configuration files some way but can't find out the
> > reason.
>
> Are you certain that hosts in a PENDING state have services associated
> with them and those are in an OK state? Post full configurations for a
> sample host and service.

   Yes, i can. There is a host in a PENDING state named potevio_db1 with the next \
configuration: #######################     potevio_db1         \
########################################## define host{
        use                             generic-host                    ; Inherit \
default values from a template  host_name                       potevio_db1
        alias                           potevio_db1
        address                         10.1.1.120
        max_check_attempts              2
        contact_groups                  admins
        }
define service{
        use                             generic-service                 ; Name of \
service template to use  host_name                       potevio_db1
        service_description             PING
        check_command                   check-host-alive
        }
define service{
        use                             generic-service                 ; Name of \
service template to use  host_name                       potevio_db1
        service_description             telnet
        check_command                   check_telnet
        }

  By the way, i have a host named potevio_app1 which configuration almost same like \
potevio_db1 is in OK state.  Differents with potevio_app1 and potevio_db1 are \
host_name and address only.

  There is another strange phenomena.I have several hostgroups, each hostgroup have \
several hosts. But there is only three hosts in these hostgroups can get the right \
state(OK),all others are PENDING.