List:       nagios-devel
Subject:    Re: [Nagios-devel] Event handlers functionality reapplied to Nagios 4
From:       Ton Voon <ton.voon () opsview ! com>
Date:       2013-02-26 13:26:20

On 26 Feb 2013, at 11:06, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> On 02/25/2013 04:31 PM, Ton Voon wrote:
> > Andreas,
> >
> > We've noticed that the event handlers do not currently work in Nagios
> > 4 trunk. It seems that there is a FIXME message where the worker part
> > was not implemented.
> >
> > We've now implemented this, so I think this is now working as
> > expected.
> >

> The patch is incomplete. There will be no warnings if the eventhandler
> times out, which is what the FIXME comments refer to.

I think this is already implemented. In base/workers.c, there are error messages \
like: "Warning: Service event handler command '%s' timed out after %.2f seconds", \
which is how we knew there were errors initially.

Also, the wproc_run_service_job() calls in \
base/sehandlers.c:obsessive_compulsive_service_check_processor doesn't include any \
timeout code at that function level, so the pattern seems to be to implement warnings \
in base/workers.c.

However, I can see removal of the early_timeout would be valid as this is dead code. \
I will do that if that is the only thing stopping the patch from being accepted.

Ton