List:       nagios-devel
Subject:    Re: [Nagios-devel] creating CGI scripts and interacting
From:       Marc Powell <lists () xodus ! org>
Date:       2010-04-01 11:51:55

On Mar 31, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Mohammed Murphy wrote:

> Thanks for the hints Marc. Unfortunately I was not clear enough about my
> requirements before so I will expound a bit more.
>
> I only want to talk about the first issue of creating CGI scripts and
> break it down into two parts. Firstly, I would like to create a web page
> that contains the look & feel and header & footer info of the existing
> pages with my own customised web data in the middle. The important point
> is that I would like it to be automated, because (as I revealed in my
> last email) this is for an installer-type application. So for instance,
> if a Nagios user updates their Nagios system to a newer version with a
> slighly different look & feel, then the same installer-type application
> will still be able to generate the custom page appropriately. Is this
> possible?

You could use the same CSS file as nagios, using what you feel are the appropriate \
classes and code your layout to be similar to Nagios but what you're wanting to do \
seems like magic to me. If the Look and Feel of Nagios changes between versions, \
you're going to have to update your code to match. I just don't see any way around \
it.

> nBoard, for instance, requires that a new html page simply be
> added to an 'extras' directory; so I wondered if the default Nagios web
> UI had a similar mechanism.

No, it does not.

--
Marc