List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] opensuse build
From:       jam <jam () tigger ! ws>
Date:       2023-11-17 4:26:26

> On 17 Nov 2023, at 11:55 am, David Hampton via mythtv-users \
> <mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2023-11-17 at 08:01 +0800, James Linder wrote:
> > I use fixes/32 and all is well.
> > I decided to give master a try and I unleashed python38 hell.
> > Has anybody built master on opensuse. I'm using Leap 15.5. Tumbleweed
> > uses 38 but I'm relutant to use (bitten too many times)
>
> I am not a regular suse user, but I have internal builders that compile
> the master branch on both suse15 (now at 15.5) and tumbleweed.  I've
> never had any problem that I can remember with the builds. (I did have
> to reinstall the OS once after flubbing an upgrade.)  Is there a
> specific question I can answer?  My suse-15 python version is 3.6.15;
> tumbleweed is 3.11.5.

./configure --cc=gcc-10 --cxx=g++-10 --enable-set-cc-default
WARNING: disabling Python bindings; missing Python 3.8 or greater
…
# Bindings
bindings_perl             yes
bindings_python           no
bindings_php              yes

The default as installed gcc is 7

./configure
MythTV requires GCC 8 or better.

They are not show stoppers, just a pain as fixes/32 buils and works perfectly
My explore was to see if master gives a reasonable alternative to mythweb, which I \
cant get to work due to python gotchas.

James