List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] OS X frontend "exiting unexpectedly"
From:       jam <jam () tigger ! ws>
Date:       2023-10-15 2:26:21

On Sat, 2023-10-14 at 18:07 -0700, Paul B. Henson wrote:
> I recently started using mythtv on a new mac mini. It works great,
> but
> whenever I exit OS X pops up a dialog saying it "exited unexpectedly"
> and
> asking to either report or ignore. As I had just asked it to exit, it
> certainly wasn't unexpected to me :), so I always click ignore.
>
> I guess the mythfrontend exit code doesn't do quite what Apple thinks
> it
> should do? Any hints on how to make OS X stop bugging me every time I
> exit mythtv?

Paul are you using the spin done by John Hoyt?
John did endless hard work to make it all work BUT apples ecosystem is
Bigger-than-Ben-Hur. Eventually I installed linux on my beautiful
imac27 (mid 2011) that apple said go-hops about, that works well. It is
not an option on a new mac-mini (apple silicon). The tilt-tell-apple ?
exit dialog is(was) an ongoing annoyance. Unless John can dream-up a
fix, and not having a team of apple experts (who want to solve the
problem) to quote from "Back to the Future" "get used to the bars kid"
James