List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] Odd Freeview problem on BBC channels
From:       Mike Perkins <mikep () randomtraveller ! org ! uk>
Date:       2022-01-30 18:42:26

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:02:14 GMT, you wrote:
>
>> In the meantime, how do I get rid of that message box on existing recordings?
>
> If you have not got the remote Yellow button set up, then you should
> still be able to use a keyboard to do the teletext/mheg functions.
> These are the settings I have for the keys, which should be the
> defaults as I have never changed them:
>
> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from keybindings where
> context='Teletext Menu' and hostname='mypvr';
> +---------------+------------------+--------------------+---------+----------+
> | context       | action           | description        | keylist | hostname |
> +---------------+------------------+--------------------+---------+----------+
> | Teletext Menu | MENUBLUE         | Menu Blue          | F5      | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | MENUGREEN        | Menu Green         | F3      | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | MENURED          | Menu Red           | F2      | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | MENUWHITE        | Menu White         | F6      | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | MENUYELLOW       | Menu Yellow        | F4      | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | NEXTPAGE         | Next Page          | Down    | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | NEXTSUBPAGE      | Next Subpage       | Right   | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | PREVPAGE         | Previous Page      | Up      | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | PREVSUBPAGE      | Previous Subpage   | Left    | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | REVEAL           | Reveal hidden Text | F8      | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | TOGGLEBACKGROUND | Toggle Background  | F7      | mypvr    |
> | Teletext Menu | TOGGLETT         | Toggle Teletext    | T       | mypvr    |
> +---------------+------------------+--------------------+---------+----------+
> 12 rows in set (0.001 sec)
>
> The Menu Yellow function is assigned to the F4 key.

All fine and good, but it doesn't solve the problem. I should not need to have to press a button
every time I want to watch a program on a BBC channel.

Fortunately, someone else has the right solution: Setup -> Video -> Playback OSD and turn off Enable
Interactive TV, which we don't use anyway.

Thank you to all those who offered suggestions and help. At the very least it has made me understand
more about what is coming over the airwaves.

Now to plan the upgrades...

--

Mike Perkins