List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] Best distribution for MythTV
From:       jam <jam () tigger ! ws>
Date:       2020-09-01 8:14:34

> [snip]

> I have wondered about creating my own packages. If building from source is really \
> that problem free, perhaps building packages wouldn't be that hard. I have altered \
> source packages before as a workaround, but not tried building my own from scratch.

Although building your own packages is ‘quite' easy, you need to create a spec file \
and maybe rename your source dir. Getting someones src rpm is a good intro but I \
find, in general, the spec files included are gravely complicated. They need not be. \
There are a number of rpm building tutorials. For me I do not bother building rpm for \
mythtv (although I do for other packages), a simple make install does all. James