List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] UK TV listings
From:       Simon Hobson <linux () thehobsons ! co ! uk>
Date:       2016-12-31 18:09:28

Mike Perkins <mikep@randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> > Schedules Direct
> >
> Yep. Been using it 6 months so far. I get somewhere between 14 and 21 days of \
> schedules.

They update most data on Thursday evening or Friday morning. In between they only \
provide changes. Channels differ in how much data they provide - I find BBC does up \
to 14 days (so varies between 7 or 8 days left just before fetching new data to 14 \
days just after) and some do 21 days.

There's a lot of "To Be Announced" entries in the raw data, I have line in my script \
(thanks to someone else on this list) of :  tv_grep --output ${xmlfile2} --not \
--title 'To Be Announced' ${xmlfile} which strips these out and gives much clearer \
listings past where the data starts running out.