List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    [mythtv-users] =?iso8859-7?q?=C1=F0=3A__DBbackups?=
From:       Yianni Vidalis <yiannividalis () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2016-12-24 6:54:25

However, to avoid the need to mount directories across the network, I use:

rsync -av --delete -e ssh mythtv@puzzle:/backup/puzzle/ /backup/puzzle/

This runs at the target/client end, and pulls the backups from master, a machine \
called puzzle in this case.

Rsync internally uses ssh to log on to the remote end and grabs the files directly, \
so you don't need to mount the directory onto the client end.

Hi, Mike,

I used ssh too but I discovered that by mounting the destination locally with nfs I \
could avoid the ssh overhead and network transfers skyrocketed from 20-40 mb/sec to \
100-120 mb/sec (rsync on both cases). For complete system backups, it makes a lot of \
difference!

Merry Christmas,
Yianni