List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] Overhating Zbox?
From:       "Stephen P. Villano" <stephen.p.villano () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-01-25 4:29:23

On 1/24/15 3:47 PM, Jason Sullivan wrote:
> The fan seemed to be spinning fine when it was on.  Like I said, as
> near as I could tell the machine was powered off.
>
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Doug Lytle <support@drdos.info> wrote:
>> Jason Sullivan wrote:
>>> I know a handful of folks on this list use the Zontac Zbox, so I'm
>>> wondering if anyone had seen this before.
>>
>> Hasn't happened to my Zontac yet, but my Acer Aspire it has, just last
>> month.  The fan on the CPU/video chip seized up.  Took the cover off, tried
>> to spin it, but was very difficult.  I've left the lid off ever since.
>>
>> It still is working okay, but will eventually replace the system. Single
>> core CPU is a little sluggish in the menus.
>>
>> Doug
>>

>> --
>> Ben Franklin quote:
>>
>> "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary
>> Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Do you have sensors installed? If so, what does the log say?
Though, I'll admit to some variability in that department, as for
reliability. My 7 year old Lenovo is running Mythbuntu 14.04 and shuts
down without warning, but nothing gets logged by sensors first. So,
currently, I'm uncertain if it's power supply or heat related.