List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] was add season and episode number to parameters for mythlink.pl
From:       Jason Flatt <jflatt () cox ! net>
Date:       2012-09-27 15:36:06

(sorry if this gets messed up, my phone doesn't allow me to bottom-post)
Absolutely, there's a few improvements to these scripts that could be made.  I'm not \
proficient in perl, so I just tacked on a couple more variables to support \
season/episode.  It is consistent with the rest of the script.  It looks like perl \
can support sprintf and strftime, which can be used to cut this script nearly in \
half.  Also, the mythlink.pl should be able to query Program.pm for the list of \
formatters that can be used, so that they don't need to be maintained in two places.  \
I can take a look at these issues when I find time. One other note, in my testing of \
about 10 very recent recordings, only about 5 of them had season and episode numbers, \
with the output format results being zeroes.  Of course, your results may be \
different.On 9/26/12 11:34 PM Raymond Wagner wrote: On 9/26/2012 23:24, Jason Flatt \
wrote:
> +        $rseason = "0$rseason"   if ($rseason < 10);
> +        $repisode = "0$repisode" if ($repisode < 10);

Surely Perl has a better mechanism than that to provide zero padding.