List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] MythVideo - DVDs with multiple titles
From:       Raymond Wagner <raymond () wagnerrp ! com>
Date:       2011-06-27 21:58:57

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:57:35 -0700, David Walker <David@WalkerStreet.info>
wrote:
> Is it possible to create multiple MythVideo database entries for an iso
> file that was extracted from a DVD that holds multiple movies (or TV
> shows)?  I've tried creating multiple symbolic links to the same .iso
> file, but it seems that only one of the links is used to create a
> database entry when I tell MythVideo to scan for changes.

At the current time, all content in MythVideo is hashed to detect movement
and renaming of content.  As a consequence, multiple instances of the same
file are not supported, whether done through hard or soft linking.  There
is a planned rework of the database tables that contain media content,
which includes separating the files from the metadata, which may include
such capability in time for 0.26.  For now, there is no real solution
besides ripping the videos out of the DVD individually.