List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] Noobish network cable connection question,
From:       "Bobby Gill" <bobbygill () rogers ! com>
Date:       2008-12-05 17:49:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I've installed linux many times, it wouldn't be a problem, and the idea of
turning the mythbox into a router is very interesting-- never thought of
that-- and when time permits I would surely look into it. For the moment, I
am glad I have the sucker up and running and all is "back to normal" hehe.

I do move large files over my network, so I'm wondering if gigabit would be
worth it for me. What would roughly be the cost? I have one desktop and the
mythbox server, and we have a couple laptops in the house (would they see
any benefit via their wireless connections?).

Thanks
Bob