List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] Slightly OT: How to connect HDTV+5.1 speakers to
From:       "Bobby Gill" <bobbygill () rogers ! com>
Date:       2008-11-02 22:41:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> Depends on what inputs your surround app provides. Given you're using
> Logitech
> speakers I presume you have analog out from your myth system. If your new
> surround amp supports analog inputs it will have 6 RCA inputs, the same as
> your logitech speakers. Just plug them in the same way.

 I found this pic of someone's z-5300e's, exactly what I have:
http://home.comcast.net/~violated/cables.gif

So if the speaker system I buy has the green+black+orange cables which go
from the system -> my computer (circled in red in pic above), then it's a
straight connection (correct me if that's wrong).

Now if it doesn't have that, what would I need?

Thanks
Bob