List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] HDTV solution @1080i ???
From:       <zoiks2004-ivtv () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-05-28 20:58:45

--- Carl-Magnus Björkell
<carl-magnus.bjorkell@pp.inet.fi> wrote:

> Just for the record: That's because SuSE 9.2 was a
> piece of crap version
> that should have never seen the light of day. 9.1,
> 9.3 and especially
> 10.0 is a breeze to use. 9.2 is the black-sheep
> relative no-one wants to
> acknowledge.
>
> ... just for the record :)

OK just for the record I used 9.0, 9.1, and 9.2. I had
roll-yer-own myth at first on a 9.0 and then a 9.2. I
was running 9.2 on my SD mythbox (didn't want to
bother wiping and starting over yet again). They all
killed me. Had so much cruft and broken stuff by the
time I wiped it; I'm glad to be rid of 9.x SuSE
series, don't know anything about 10.x. Ubuntu ended
up making me much happier. Been using it for laptop
and desktop for a couple of years now while SuSE
remained in the mythbox (too lazy to upgrade distro
myth was up to 0.20.2). Not to start a distro war.
Just for the record. :)