List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    Re: [mythtv-users] Help: No program info for QAM256 channels
From:       kim Gross <kgross () jensalt ! com>
Date:       2008-05-26 0:10:30

>     XMLTV ID  Loading...
> OK so now I enter the number 19515 in the "XMLTV ID"
> field. I then choose "OK". Doesn't seem to do
> anything. From the advice on the wiki, I will "wait a
> minute" to let it refresh its data. After 10 minutes,
> OSD programming information still says "UNKNOWN62#4"
> program is "Unknown". For shoots and giggles, exit
> Live TV and choose "Watch TV" again. Still the same:
> Channel: "UNKNOWN62#4" Program: "Unknown". I hit the
> "e" button again. XMLTV ID is still 19515, other data
> is unchanged from "Unknown", etc. This time I select
> "Probe". I wait a few minutes, suffering through "John
> Beck's" get rich buying government foreclosures BS. I
> wait several more minutes. Nothing ever changes.
> 20) I exit LiveTV and mythfrontend. I run
> mythfilldatabase again. After it's done, I run
> mythfrontend again. Still shows "UNKNOWN62#4" with
> program: Unknown.
> 21) Quit mythtv and reboot machine.
> 22) Run mythtv-setup.
> 23) Go to channel editor, sort by channel number. 62#4
> is the first channel listed. Shows as "62#4.
> 24) Select 62#4 for editing. Channel name is
> "UNKNOWN62#4". Visible checked. Source: QAM256 over
> TWC. TV Format Default, Priortiy 0. "Use on-air
> guide:" is unchecked, 19515 shows in the ID box. Hit
> "Next" twice. Frequency or channel shows 62. Finetune
> (kHz): 0.
> 25) Examining the other channels in the Channel
> Editor:

On my system it took quit a while before it changed from unknown to a
correct channel info.  I think it waited until the next time
mythfilldatabase was run.

What I would suggest is just keep going at this and get all of the
xmltvid's set and then run mythfilldatabase again, and see if it starts
working correctly.

Kim