List:       mythtv-users
Subject:    [mythtv-users] Front-end / Back-end Setup
From:       Coin_Graham () genpt ! com
Date:       2008-05-23 17:22:55

I'm reading the FAQs about the front end and back end setup and can't find
any information on how the two communicate.  Does the Backend need network
connectivity or can the front and back communicate over the coaxial cable
that the tv signal comes in on?  Does the backend and frontend need to be
"in-line" to communicate?  I'm asking because I'm planning on putting my
backend in the attic for heat and noise reasons.

If network connectivity is necessary, is 100Mb sufficient?

If all of this is answered somewhere, just point me in the right
direction....

Thanks,

--  Coin